Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 10, 2013

I had to start on Lizzy's cake today which meant Jordan was going to have to entertain herself for awhile.  She usually does a great job at this because she is awesome like that!
I have wanted to try doing a cake with Marshmallow Fondant because it may taste a little better and would be way cheaper.  I have tried a couple different recipes and none ever worked.  So Amber gave me her recipe and I decided to try again and guess what?!?!  It finally worked!!!!  I was excited.  I covered my first cake with it and it turned out pretty good.  It is much more sticky then normal fondant but it wasn't too bad.

Beautiful, Right!?!  Once it was covered it was time to start coloring it.  I was so excited to use my airbrush machine again.  It is amazing how much time that can save not having to hand color all the fondant.  So I got all my paint ready, turned the compressor on and started painting.  I was concentrating so hard on getting the color even that I wasn't paying much attention to anything else.  Next thing I know my air hose rips out of my hand and my compressor is on the floor!!! :/  Not good!  Silly me forgot that you can't put the compressor on the counter cause it vibrates too much and sure enough it just vibrated right on to the floor.  :(  and it broke.  I wanted to cry!  Hoping Brandon can fix it but I don't know.  Lucky I was able to get the whole bottom colored since I already had the fondant on the cake.

After all this happened I went in to check on Jordan and this is what I found.
He He.  Looks like she found a friend!!  She was having a good time with the baby in the mirror.  It was so cute!!


No comments: