Monday, February 11, 2013

End of the Journey Party!!!

I wanted to break Day 1 and this post into 2 in case you are person who can't handle reading long posts. :)  So I was flipping through Facebook last night and saw that one of my friends had posted a link for something called the Neon Splash Dash.  OK well that sounds like fun!  So I click on it and look through the website.  OK now it doesn't just sound like fun it sounds like a blast!!!!!!!!!  It takes place in Scottsdale and I knew that I wanted to do it.  So I clicked on the registration button to see when it was going to be and it said May 11.  I thought to myself, "Well that is going to be close to the end of my 90 day challenge so that would be perfect!"  Then I looked at the calendar and realized that not only was it close to the end but it was exactly day 90!!!!!  I think it is fate!!!  So here is the deal, for the end of my 90 day challenge we are going to do the Neon Splash Dash!!!!!  But I don't want to do it alone so I want people to join me!!!  Check out the website at http://www.neonsplashdash.com/ Registration is $40 but if we can get a group of 4 or more then you get $5 off.  I'm sure we can do that.  Please keep in mind, you do not have to be runner to do this.  It is a 5K but it is not timed and is not meant to be done quickly.  It is meant to be fun.  You don't have to run and you don't have to be fast.  You just have to know how to have a great time!!!  Here are a couple pictures if I haven't convinced you yet!!



There is huge party afterwards with all kind of entertainment.  If this does not look like fun to you then I don't know what will.  I am going to register as a team and then anyone who wants to participate with me can register into my team.  The team name will be Fortitude!!!  Fortitude means Courage in Pain or Adversity.  No one knows but this has been my key word for the last several years.  As I have overcome the pains of infertility and I now hope to overcome the pain and adversity that comes with a unhealthy lifestyle and not feeling comfortable in your own skin, I thought this would be appropriate.  I strive to have courage everyday to overcome any of my pains and sufferings. (Sorry if that is cheesy but that is what I want ;)

Anyway, hopefully several of my family and friends will join me on my journey over the next 90 days and if you don't really care about that at least hopefully you will join me on day 90 in Scottsdale for this awesome event!!  :)

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I have to laugh just a little about this. Our family has just embarked on a physical fitness journey of our own. Ours is going to be a little longer journey (as I have much farther to go than you!), but I registered Bobby and I for The Color Run 5K a few days before my 35th birthday in September...I figure with 8 months to get ready I might actually be able to run/jog 5K by then! In the meantime it's the YMCA at least 5 times a week for me and better eating for us all, we're a week in and I'm down 6lbs, it's like a drop in the ocean, but it's a drop in the right direction so I'll take it! So excited about your journey and I wish you all the best!