Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Brandon is 25!!!


Brandon had a birthday. He is 25!! He said it is kind of sad cause this is the last birthday that really means anything. Since his insurance goes down and he can rent a car now. But of course he was happy it was his birthday and he got presents and lots of cake. On Wednesday night after Brandon took out his contacts and was in bed I went out in the living room pretending to get a drink and stuff and I hung up some Happy Birthday banners and laid his presents out on the table so he could find them when he went to eat breakfast. He was surprised but he didn't open them, thank goodness. So he had a pretty good day. When he came home I told him to open his presents, which he had no complaints about doing. I got him a Pima Roughrider shirt, a CTR bracelet, Michael Jordan gatorades, and energy tic tac things. He got a card from my grandparents, a home depot card from my Dad and Chris and a memory picture book from his grandparents that I love!!! and so does he. The Biggs also came over and gave him 25 cupcakes. The boys helped decorate them and they were way cute. After that we went to dinner at Bush n Shurtz and then we headed to the Pima Football Scrimmage. So I think he really enjoyed himself on his birthday. Oh yeah I forgot one of the greatest parts. On Wednesday night our whole Sunday School class, minus just a few, showed up on our doorstep with a homemade cheesecake and sang Brandon happy birthday. He was so surprised. We invited them all in to share it with us and it was fun to just hang out with the youth for a little while. It was such a sweet thing for them to do. and the chessecake was really really good.
On Saturday is when we celebrated his Birthday with the family. We were very sad cause his Dad had to work so they were not able to come. But my Dad and Chris, and the Warns and the Biggs all came. We ate Hamburgers, turkey burgers, chips, jello and potato salad. It was all very good and we made way to much. But it is better to have too much then not enough. After we ate i brought out the cake and ice cream. I was very proud of my cake. Brandon asked his mom for a tractor cake this year but since she was not able to come it was up to me. So I made a chocolate cake, from scratch, then I did the pudding with cool whip and oreos on top and then I made little rows of dirt and I put little tractors on it. It really came out pretty cute, I was proud of myself and it tasted way too good. Thank goodness it is almost gone. After that we just kind of hung around and talked. It was a really good weekend.
Well here are some pictures from this week.








4 comments:

M&M said...

Your tractor cake was way cute!! I love brandons faces in the pics..lol it cracks me up!

Shayne and Chelsea Heap said...

Is that gift wrapped in Christmas paper?!! LOLLLLL!!!

Jared and JoElayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Family!!!! said...

That is from his grandma, not me but under the birthday wrapping paper was a christmas box. He He