Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh, Paint!

So funny little story. At least now it is funny. So the other night me and Brandon were at our house painting away.(Someday we might actually finish) I had my paint in a little cup like container and I was painting away feeling good cause I was making good progress. I was in the master painting the baseboards and then a ran into a stack of screens that needed to be moved so I could paint behind them. So I lean over to set my paint cup on the floor and when I did my cell phone that I had in the front pocket of the flannel I was wearing slide right out into the bucket of paint. Yes, I did say my cell phone!!!! I reached in as fast as I could and got it out. I could not believe I just did that. But Brandon to the rescue. He hurried over and took the battery out real fast and cleaned it off and then he hurried out side to the hose to rinse my phone off. He took the hose and just sprayed my phone with it. I totally freaked out and told him he was going to ruin my phone anymore. But then Brandon, being the smart husband he is, told me, "You just dropped your phone in a bucket of paint, I don't think anything could ruin it more." Good point hunny!!! So he rinsed it all off and then took the phone and the battery and put it in his truck in front of the defroster. After letting it sit there for a while he then just set it out to cool off. Surprisingly, thanks to Brandon's great efforts, the phone still turned on when I got back in the truck a little while later. I could not believe it but I was so happy. The only problem was my touch keys. I have a chocolate so half of the buttons only work by touch, like an ipod, so none of those buttons would work. Basically all my phone was good for was answering it but the ear piece was so full of paint when my sister called me I could barely hear her. I was bummed since I have over 300 pictures on my phone that I now had no way to get to. :(
Happy ending though, yesterday I missed a call and I got mad cause I could not look to see who it was so I just kept pushing the button over and over hoping that it would work, and it did!!!!! All the sudden my buttons were working. I was so excited. They are a little slow and some of them stick sometimes but they work and I don't have to buy a new phone. YAY!!!! So after it started working I then spent the rest of the afternoon picking all the paint out of the cracks of my phone with a exact o knife, a staple and my fingernails. It actually looks pretty good, kind of. Anyway, sorry that turned into a really long story but it is just one of those things that will be fun to look back and read in a couple of years!!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

If it makes you feel any better, I put my phone through an entire cycle in the wash a few weeks ago... everything works except the backlight, so I went and bought a keychain LED light that I have to use if I want to see the screen! :) glad to hear the house is coming along! Good luck!

Shayne and Chelsea Heap said...

That's freaken hilarious!!! You should've taken a picture of it!