Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pinterest Review - Green Smoothie

Drink this daily and watch the pounds come off without fuss. The recipe is two handfuls of baby spinach, 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 cup of yogurt, 5 strawberries, 1/2 orange. Blend well and enjoy! I love green smoothies!!! This will give you tons of energy!... I want to try this!

 
 
I have always wondered about green smoothies.  They look interesting but I have never tried one. Since we have a problem getting all our fruits and veggies in I thought this would be a good idea.  This smoothie calls for 1 cup yogurt, 1 apple, 1 banana, 2 handfuls of spinach, 5 strawberries and 1/2 and orange.  That is way more fruit and sometimes veggies then I EVER eat in one day.

 
 
I tried this on Sunday and split it with Brandon.  I thought it was really yummy but my blender didn't do a very good job mixing everything so the small bites of spinach in it weren't that great!
 
I made another one tonight and this time I used the blender on my Bosch and it worked way better.  I blended everything for about 2 minutes and it was smooth with no spinach pieces in it. :) 
 
 
I also decided to put my smoothie in the freezer for a little while so it was nice and chilled and it made it so much yummier!! 
 
I know on the pin it says if you drink these everyday that the weight will just fall off.  Since I just drank my first one 2 days ago I don't know if that part of the pin is true and that wasn't way I tried it in the first place but I can however say that this is a very yummy green smoothie that will help you get more fruit and veggies in each day.  I know there are several varieties to green smoothies that incorporate more veggies and I plan to find one of those and try it next.
 
LOVE IT!!!


No comments: